If there’s anything I like more than sushi, it’s paying lower than market-rate for all-you-can-eat sushi. I’m a girl on a budget after all! The $29 Ouffer voucher for all-you-can-eat sushi for two people at Wasabi Bistro that I bought fit the bill perfectly.
K and I went all out, took advantage of the excellent deal, and tried a bit of everything! A quick summary:
- Nigiri: Grilled Salmon, Salmon Belly, Deep Fried Prawn, Tuna and Egg
- The tuna and salmon belly were particularly good – and particularly fresh.
- Rolls: Tiger, Rainbow, Spider, Salmon and Avocado
- The rolls were definitely the highlight of our menu! The Tiger, Rainbow and Spider rolls were absolutely amazing. The mix of elements in the Rainbow roll (tuna, prawn, salmon and avocado) went together really well.
- Gumkan Ship: Tobiko
- I love fish eggs like you wouldn’t imagine – the burst of flavour when you bite into a fish egg really makes sushi shine. This dish was particularly amazing.
- Hand Roll: Soft Shell Crab, Tempura Prawn
- SOFT SHELL CRAB. NEED I SAY MORE.
Overall, I quite liked Wasabi Bistro – while the decor was cold and service was a bit difficult as staff English levels were lower than average, the food was actually amazingly tasty. It was great value, but beyond that, it was quite simply great sushi. 7 out of 10!